Since we don't have enough time and we have to serve something sweet to the visitors the next morning we decided to go with the basic - Gelatin.
With this post, I will share to you the step by step procedure as well as the ingredients needed to create your own Gelatin. ;) But please spare the photos I took since it's already late and I just used my ipod.
|Some of the ingredients|
1 can of evaporated milk
4 sachets of Jelly powder mix (we used Mr. Gulaman) - you can use 5 0r 6 depending on your preference, the more the jelly powder the chewer the gelatin.
1 jar (340 grams) of Sweet Jackfruit ( You can also use fresh)
1 jar nata de coco
2 pcs or more sweet corn
1/4 white sugar
(You can also add some fresh she coconut strips, and kaong/sugar palm)
- Cut the nata de coco in two, cut the Jack fruit into strips.
|Cut the cubes into two.|
|Jack Fruit Strips|
- Boil water approximately 5-6 liters.
- Add the nata de coco as well as the jack fruit to the boiling water.
|Add jack fruit and nata de coco.|
Stir, and then add the sugar.
|If you prefer it to be sweeter you can add a lot of sugar but for us 1/4 is okay. :)|
- Add the condensed as well as the evaporated milk. It will look like this.
|Add the Milk.|
- Add the shredded corn.
- Dissolve the jelly in a separate bowl. Do not boil gelatin as it can become stringy.
|It will look like this.|
- Then pour the dissolved gelatin to the boiling water and stir continuously until it sets.
- Lastly, place the mixture into a bowl of your choice. And then put it into the fridge to chill until settled then enjoy! ;)
|Put it in the fridge to chill then enjoy! ;)|
Best served the next day after it was chilled in the fridge. :) I hope you enjoyed our own version of gelatin. :)
Try it and you'll definitely like it.
Have you tried gelatin before? Did you enjoy it?