Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Salted Caramel Nutella Brownies

I have confessed with you my love for sweets in my previous post especially when it comes to chocolates.
This time I would like to share with you on how to make salted caramel brownies! I have read several articles online which has several ideas on how to make a gooey, creamy, and luscious brownies. And saw an article about Salted Caramel Brownie, and since I've already tasted something like this at my Father's friend house. (I'm not the one who baked nor bought it. ;p ) The one I tasted was different the caramel is in between the fudgy brownie not like the image below.
I felt the urge of showing you the ingredients as well as the procedures on how to make this for you to try. :)
This one is indeed a piece of heaven in every bite, but I have to warn you if you are on a diet, this will not help you in any way, (sugar and calories overload)  but if you have a sweet tooth like me and not much concerned with your diet well this is good for you.;)
But before I proceed with the ingredients, I must tell you that I am not a baker myself, and that I don't have the equipments to do so. But given the opportunities and if I have the equipments I would love to try!
I like the salted caramel brownie version of vittlesandbits since she added Nutella spread in the brownie. :)

Salted Caramel Nutella Brownies
Image source:vittlesandbits
For the ingredients you must have the following:

Ingredients:

Brownies
  • 1/2 C. flour
  • 1/2 C. unsweeteend cocoa powder
  • pinch salt
  • 1/4 t. baking powder
  • 1 stick (8 T.) butter, melted
  • 3/4 C. + 2 T. sugar
  • 1 t. pure vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C. Nutella spread

Caramel Glaze
  • 1/4 C. heavy cream
  • 1 C. sugar
  • 1/4 C. water
  • 2 T. butter, cut in pieces
  • 1/2 t. salt,
  
Procedure:

For the Brownie

  • Preheat oven 350 degrees.
  • Greese the pan that you will be using.
  • Combine the dry ingredients like cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
  • Melt the butter until smooth and add sugar & vanilla.
  •  Add eggs one at a time then add the cocoa -make sure all is well combined.
  • Melt the Nutella and pour it into the batter.
  • Pour the batter into the can and bake it within 27-30 minutes.
For the Caramel Glaze
  • Warm heavy cream in a low heat but do not boil.
  • Combine sugar and water but do not stir.
  • Cook until mixture turns and looks caramelized.
  • Remove from heat and warm cream, butter and the salt
  • Stir until well combined.
  • Pour over cooked brownies.
I got this recipe from: vittlesandbits.


Have you tried this version of Salted Caramel Brownie?

XOXO,
Tina




4 comments:

  1. this looks insanely yummy!! I could eat that right now! I'll definitely have to have a go at experimenting with this idea!
    Katie x
    http://katieskitchenjournal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it as much as I do! Try it and you'll definitely love it!. ;)

      Delete
  2. OMG, this sounds SOOO delicious! you're ruining my diet, Cristina;-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry Maria, but I assure you,it is worth a try! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...